Friday, August 14, 2009

Fab Hot Dog's

If you’ve read a few of my blog entries, you will know I’m a big fan of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives (DDD) on the Food Network.

This past Monday’s episode Guy featured a hot dog joint in Reseda, on Tampa/Vanowen called Fab Hot Dog’s.

What caught my eye was the segment started out mentioning that if we are Pink’s Hot Dog fans, then Fab is the place for us.

I love Pink’s, however since I’m not a tourist, I don’t love having to wait 1-2 hours everytime I go to order. Therefore, I just don’t go to Pink’s.

On Wednesday evening, I decided to stop by Fab to see if it was worth the “hype”. BOY WAS IT!!! I wasn’t that hungry so I just ordered their Carolina Slaw Dog, which is a steamed dog, that “snaps” in your mouth topped with Chili, Onion and Cole Slaw. The dog also comes with Mustard, but I’m a firm believe that any hotdog worth it’s weight in chili should ever have mustard on it.

This hotdog was a true delight, and the chili was execeptionally tasty. I had a side of tater tots, and loved their crispy texture. I knew right then, Fab is the place and no more will I have to venture to Hollywood, if I need my hot dog fix.

Today I went back with a buddy from work and had their Cheesy Bacon Dog with Chili Fries. The dog was wrapped with bacon and covered with horseradish mustard and a cheese sauce, all topped with grilled onions.

The dog sat for the 15 minute ride back to work, and when I opened it, tasted as fresh as if I had ate it at the restaurant.





The chili fries were a sufficient amount, covered in chili and the same cheese sauce as my hot dog.

Fortunately for the owners, the coverage on DDD has increased their customers, unfortunately for me the customer, the coverage has made for a bit of a wait. From the time I stood in line, until I had my order was a good 30-35 minutes. Next time, I’ll be sure to arrive at 11:00 a.m. when they open or 1:00 p.m., after the lunch crowd has come and gone.

Fab is 2 for 2 in my book, and I look forward to many more trips to enjoy their delicious dogs.

Until Next Time.....Cook On!!!

The Food Dude

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home